Select your departure airport
Tuesday 7th July 2020
Villa Plus were delighted to hear of the further easing of UK government and FCO restrictions on flying and travel abroad. We are working hard to ensure that all of our customers get to enjoy great villa holiday experiences again this year and will be contacting them in departure date order to confirm the details of their holiday.
Without doubt this has been a difficult year for everyone across the travel industry. We, like other companies in the sector, are responding to the situation as best we can and doing everything in our power to support our customers and help people holiday again.
In the short-term, because of the disruption caused by lockdown on operational flight schedules, some customers may find their original holiday arrangements have changed. This is beyond our control but is necessary in order to get people away for their holiday on time. We will use our resource and expertise to find an equivalent or better arrangements and Villa Plus will cover any reasonable, additional cost. We are following ABTA guidance on what is considered suitable alternatives.
We are hopeful that this period of disruption will be a short one and that schedules will return to normal very soon. During this period, our phone lines will be closed and we will refrain from monitoring social media for the most part until further notice, so that, where appropriate, we can contact customers individually.
Circumstances remain fast moving, so we encourage customers to check our website for the latest travel news and remain grateful for their patience and understanding. Due to the changing situation in some countries, we may wait until closer to your departure date before any decision is made regarding operation of your booking with us.
- Customers due to depart to villas in Cyprus up to and including 8th July 2020 will be refunded
- Customers due to depart to villas in Cyprus from 12th July onwards will continue to have their balance due date extended
- Customers due to depart to villas in the Algarve up to and including 12th July will be refunded
- Customers due to depart to villas in the Algarve from 16th July will have their balance due dated extended
- Customers due to depart to villas in Greek destinations up to and including 14th July will be refunded
- Customers due to depart to villas in Greek destinations from 15th July need to pay their balances urgently so they are ready to travel
- Customers due to depart from 6th July need to pay their balances urgently so they are ready to travel
We are hopeful that this period of disruption will be a short one and that schedules will return to normal very soon. During this period, our phone lines will be closed and we will refrain from social media for the most part, until further notice, so that, where appropriate, we can contact customers individually.
1) What are my options if I have a Package booking and there are no restrictions on British nationals for overseas travel, but travel to, or access to the location of my villa is currently restricted or prohibited by local or national authorities to that country or region?
If you've booked a flight inclusive package holiday with us, then you're protected under the current Package Travel Regulations. This means we can offer a refund, an alternative destination, or a deferred 2020 travel date. If we are unable to source an alternative destination or defer your travel date, you will be entitled to a full refund of the monies you have paid to us.
2) What are my options if I’m due to pay my holiday balance?
Customers due to pay the final balance of their holiday can reply to us on via the link on their balance reminder email, to discuss options with our travel team should they have any queries. In order to do so, please use the dedicated email address provided upon receipt of your balance reminder, to request a call.
3) What if I've booked other elements to my holiday?
If you have made your own arrangements, such as flights, car hire, airport parking, transfers or hotel stop-overs, direct with a company other than Villa Plus, then you will need to speak to the service provider / airlines that you made the booking with. They will have their own policy in regard to how they manage these claims. You should also contact your Travel Insurance.
4) What if I decide I don't want to travel?
Please review our information above for the latest update. If holidays continue to operate, your holiday will be subject to normal booking conditions and cancellation charges will apply.
5) I have a trip booked but no insurance. Can I buy it now?
Please note that most major Insurers, including ANY new policy that you purchase through Villa Plus, have suspended new policies offering travel disruption cover due to Coronavirus (COVID-19/SARS) & related viral illnesses with immediate effect, from 14th March 2020.
6) If I am unable to travel, am I entitled to compensation?
You won't be entitled to any compensation, as the reason for the holiday not continuing, is outside the control of Villa Plus.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All customers are recommended to have appropriate travel insurance in place, from the time of booking their holiday.
Villa Plus are ABTA members and are ATOL protected. ABTA also provides assistance and we abide by their Codes of Conduct. Flight inclusive package holidays booked with Villa Plus are protected under our ATOL licence.
ABTA additionally provides general information and advice to consumers regarding Coronavirus, which can be found on their website: https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak
General queries about your travel arrangements with us can be found in our website FAQ section.
We encourage customers to check our website for the latest travel news and remain grateful for their patience and understanding.